Thursday, October 25, 2012

"The One"

I am not feeling any sort of intense emotion right now, but I'm feeling like October 25, 2012 is pivotal in my personal development, so I have to write something.

I think people believe in fairy tales a little more than they'd like to own up to. People keep telling me that you'll just know when you've found 'the one.' But, I've felt like I've found the 'the one' three times now, and I don't care to share how that went for me. Please don't judge me if I think that some just marry because hormones confuse the living daylight out of them, and others, like me, get old and tired, and latch onto the health benefits.

I don't want any of this resurrected, but I'm sure it will be when kingdom come. As far as I can see and tell, I've been separating the the spirit from the body's will. I am no Eve, and I loathe her likenesses because there is no place for them in this world. I can transcend fear and hate but not passion. And, isn't this the very thing that has perplexed men for ages. Why can't we control this body, knowing we are not it? We are spirit.

I'm surprised by how disgruntled I was with trying to alter my mind and body to desire singleness. I see more evil than good that comes out of romantic relationships. It looks like the ultimate cage.

No comments:

Post a Comment